- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, drained
- 3 Tb. barbecue sauce
- 3 Tb. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- Place tofu block between paper towels on a plate. Set another plate on top, and put a weight on top of the plate such as a can to press the water from the block of tofu while you prepare the sauce.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the soy sauce, maple syrup, liquid smoke, garlic powder, black pepper, barbeque sauce and brown sugar until smooth.
- Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thick slices, and dip them in the sauce to coat. Place in a tightly sealed container. Place in the refrigerator, and let marinate for one to two hours.
- Preheat the oven to the lowest temperature, around 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Line the oven rack with heavy duty aluminum foil, and place in the lowest position of the oven. Place the tofu slices on the foil.
- Bake for about 8 hours, checking and turning over tofu slices every few hours. Tofu jerky is done when it is hard and uniformly dark in color.
Get more recipes like this for FREE!
Do you want more recipes like this? Download our Beef Jerky Recipes ebook while it's FREE! But hurry...it's only free for a limited time!
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Tofu Jerky Recipe
Greatest Beef Jerky Recipe
Caliente Beef Jerky Recipe
Texas Turkey Jerky Recipe
Preparing Your Jerky
Garlic Pepper Beef Jerky Recipe
Deer Burger Jerky Recipe
BBQ Beef Jerky Recipe
Low Plains Beef Jerky Recipe
Duncan’s Duck Jerky Recipe
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL
We want to hear about your experiences with our Jerky Recipes! Please leave your comments on any recipe and help other jerky makers be successful. If you decide to buy Beef Jerky online, check out Jerky.com!